The Global Technical Support Centre (GTSC) located in Bucharest, provides high technical service and support for Microsoft’s European Enterprise and Development customers. The center is part of Microsoft Global Support Operations and is staffed by highly skilled technical specialists in enterprise Platforms, Business and Developer Applications.
We are currently recruiting for Platforms area – Windows Server Technical Engineers. Junior and Senior Specialists, depending on the level of technical expertise and experience, are invited to apply.
Contract – for 1 year
Start date: ASAP
· Using broad and in-depth product knowledge provide and facilitate the responsive delivery of technical solutions and information to major customers;
· Provide solutions to complex problems that satisfy our German OR French speaking customer base. This involves dealing with difficult situations including complaint handling, sensitive customers and mission critical support;
· Build customer and partner loyalty through customer orientation, responsiveness and accountability;
· Work in an international environment and collaborate with your team to provide high-level support;
We are searching suitable candidates for one of the following technologies:
Windows Server - CORE
· Ideally 3-5 years strong design, administration and/or support experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (Clients and Servers : 2000,XP, 2003 and Vista) preferably in a Support Organization or a Large Enterprise
· Familiar with troubleshooting tools like Event Viewer, Network tracing, Perfmon, component specific debugging logs etc.
Windows Server - DOMAINS
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory (Forest, Domains, AD Partitions, FSMO roles, DC/GC specifics, Sites, AD replication, ADAM, AD Backup/Restore, Group Policy, AD
security etc) and file replication mechanism (NTFRS/sysvol replication, DFSr). · Good understanding of the network and authentication protocols (SMB/CIFS, DNS, RPC, LDAP, Kerberos, NTLM, etc).
· Good understanding of security principles (User profiles, authentication, authorization, PKI: EFS/SmartCard/Certificates...)
· Strong working knowledge of English and German OR French (verbal and written) it’s a must;
· Communication skills in international environment;
· Willingness to improve technical skills and language skills ;
· Customer-oriented attitude
· Strong problem solving skills.
· In-depth training
· Exposure to Microsoft technologies
· Access to emerging products and technologies
· Developing a level of product knowledge well above the average system administrator
· Life insurance and medical program
· Lunch vouchers
· Sport benefits
· Mobile phone and laptop
· Competitive salary package
· At contract renewal you have the possibility of working from home, especialy if you are living out of Bucharest
Our ideas touch the lives of individuals everywhere and they are born in an environment designed to encourage collaboration, openness and innovation. We want you to join in, influence, learn, challenge, agree and disagree. When you work for Microsoft, you’re free to express yourself your way!
Interested in this opportunity? Please submit your English application online at
Please note that your resume will be entered in our data base and may be used in further recruitment events.