British Embassy Bucharest
British Embassy Bucharest – Unique Job Opportunity: New Media Assistant
- We are looking to appoint an energetic communicator, with proven web skills
Your core tasks will include:
- Production of on-line documents for the Embassy website and intranet;
- Contact with on-line journalists and bloggers;
- Support for Embassy public events.
You should have:
- University degree in Journalism, Political Science or related field;
- Excellent English both oral and written with focus on drafting and reporting;
- Proven web skills (such as writing for the web, basic photo and audio-video editing, web 2.0 tools handling);
- Contacts in the Romanian mass media;
- Creativity, good communication skills, and pro-activity.
The starting salary for the position is EUR 800 gross (plus meal tickets). There are opportunities to earn performance bonuses, and attend tailored training. The post has 21 days leave allowance.
The position is subject to achieving satisfactory local and overseas security clearances and successful completion of a 1-month probation.
How to apply:
Applications comprise a resume in English and a cover note, highlighting both your suitability for the position, and why you want the job. Examples of your on-line work would be a plus. Applications should be sent by e-mail, in word format, to email@example.com by 15 May 2009.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
Interviews are likely to be held within 3 weeks of the closing date for applications. Candidates who are not invited for the interview may assume their application has been unsuccessful.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community, regardless their sex, age, martial status, disability, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation.