The European Parliament is recruiting a
DIRECTOR OF SECURITY
Reporting to the Director-General of Presidency, the Director of Security is responsible for establishing the new Directorate for Security and adapting its organisational structure. The Director ensures the smooth running of the Directorate.
Location of post: Brussels
○ Establishing and developing a new comprehensive security concept
○ Implementing the strategic objectives of the institution in the fields of security
○ Optimising the use of resources while ensuring quality of service
○ Leading a directorate of 80 officials and a large number of external contractors
The European Parliament is one of the core institutions of the European Union. The 736 directly-elected Members of the European Parliament are assisted by 2.000 parliamentary assistants and about 5.000 officials. The EP operates in 23 languages in three places of work (Brussels, Luxembourg and Strasbourg) and also has information offices in 27 countries of the European Union.
○ Nationality of one of the European Union's member states
○ University degree
○ Work experience of at least 15 years including at least 8 years in management
○ An excellent knowledge of one of the official languages of the European Union and a very good knowledge of two other official languages.
Closing date for application: 12 January 2010
Detailed information and instructions on how to apply can be found in the notice of recruitment published in the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ C 315 A) on 23 December 2009 .
Please apply to the address below (quoting Recruitment Notice PE/120/S), enclosing a personal statement and a curriculum vitae (a Europass CV (1)) :
Monsieur le secrétaire général